Sunday, December 27, 2015

Year 5 Day 25

movie:Coffee Shop
starring:Laura Vandervoort, Cory M. Grant
genre:Romance,
year:2014
format: Online

plot: When a coffee shop owner finds out she's about to loose her business, she becomes entangled with a play-write who finds his muse in her shop.

This is one of those typical "harlequin" style made for tv romances.You have the heroine introduced first, in the mist of a breakup, and searching for someone new. Then after she realizes the guys she's meeting are not compatible, she throws herself into her work, and meets the perfect guy. Until her ex comes back to mess everything up for her, both romantically and financially. 
I'm sort of partial to these kind of romance. The ones that are not really designed to be comedies, but take a hint from real life more. I also grew up reading Harlequins in the late 80's/early 90's, so this style is what I expect when I hear romance.

And you know I'm going to dig on a story where a writer and a coffee shop owner get together, so bonus on the foodie-book element.

what do I think I learned? Everyone has a lighthouse they can run to.

No comments:

Post a Comment