Sunday, December 20, 2015

year 5 day 18

movie: Night at the Museum 3 Secret of the Tomb
starring:Ben Stiller, Dan Stevens
genre:Comedy, Fantasy
year:2014
format:Netflix Canada

plot:When the magick tablet that powers the museum's displays, starts to loose it's powers, the night security guard must find the key to helping keep the spirit alive.

Based on the children's books.

Okay, so I'm not having much luck this week with seeing things in order. I actually had no idea there is more then one movie in this series. I was a few minutes into it before I realized this wasn't the first movie.  Luckily, it's one of those movies that once you get past the first five minutes, it's pretty much a stand alone.
With that said, it was funnier then I was expecting.  The scene where Sir Lancelot is talking to Hugh Jackman was funny, but didn't need so much screen time, it could have been shorter and still worked.
The set up seemed like it was going to be more to do with Egyptian lore and characters, but they were minimal at best, which was a slight disappointment. 

what do i think I learned? Magick is everywhere, you just have to be willing to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment