Tuesday, December 22, 2015

year 5 day 20

movie: the Ridiculous 6
starring:Adam Sandler, Nick Nolte
genre: Western, Comedy
year:2015
format: Netflix Canada

plot:After a visit from his dying father, and seeing him kidnapped, a man goes on a quest to find the ransom to get him back. As he travels around he discovers that he's got 5 half brothers who decide to blindly follow him. All the while, two other bank robbing gangs are hot on their trail.

Where to start? A) I can't believe I sat through this. B) I can't believe this got made. C) I can't get over the less then lowbrow humour. D) Vanilla Ice needs to pick better movie roles.

It's crude,racist, frat boy style jokes that no grown man should be still trying to pull off after high school, but with the names in this - Nolte, Steve Zahn, Harvey Keitel, Danny Trejo- I knew the acting would be okay.  And those are the characters that keep the story in some check. Just an inch, that is until Keitel's character is beheaded in a slapstick sort of way.
It was interesting to see Taylor Lautner play something so completely different than the few movies I've seen him in before (Twilight series, Abduction) in this case the village idiot, literally. And technically, the narrator as his character writes letters home.

I sort of get the homage to classic westerns from the 1960's with the attitudes the characters have, but at the same time it's a shame they went so far with it.

what do i think i learned? I don't know man, my mind is goo after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment