Saturday, December 19, 2015

year 5 day 17

movie:Avengers 2 Age of Ultron
starring: Robert Downey Jr, James Spader
genre:Action, Sci-fi
year:2015
format: Netflix Canada

plot:the Avengers are faced with a corrupt form of artificial intelligence, they have one chance to stop the unstoppable from carrying out his version of peace; which includes the extinction of the human race.

Based on the comic/graphic novels.

I was a bit lost. I was thinking, I shouldn't be lost I saw the first avengers film (first year of the blog day 275)  but as it turns out, just because it says "avengers 2" doesn't mean it's the second movie in the series. It's actually movie #9, with references to Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Captain America 2...of which I haven't seen. So that sort of sucked.

I didn't like this as much as I thought I would. I think it's because it was a little too Terminator for me, and I'm not a fan of the Terminator series at all.  That and at almost three hours, it was really long. It took a bit too long to set up, and then seemed to just drag. Some movies need a pace like that, this was not one of those movies.
I would have liked more of the magickal side and less of the robotics side. And the two new characters the twins with the cool superpowers, either I missed the explanation on their background or it wasn't given. But, I would have liked more background on them. Not too mention the vision quest that Thor goes on, that was one of the more interesting scenes, too bad it was only a snippet.

what do I think I learned? Even as a disembodied voice, James Spader stole the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment